Twitter

Thursday 18 October 2012

Something’s buzzing at Conference Roehampton…


The lucky ladies in the Conference Roehampton office have been the first to taste the honey produced from our very own bees. After hearing from our environmental manager on all the remarkable green initiatives that have taken place over the last year and brainstorming ideas on how we can become even more green in the coming year, the girls sat down to sample the honeybees delights. 

I must admit, I am no big fan of honey and I certainly don’t know my manuka from my tupelo but not one to shy away from trying something new, I dipped in my spoon. I don’t know if it was the fact that this honey came from our own hives or if our beautiful grounds produce the most delicious nectar for the bees to feast on. Whatever it was, this was the best honey I have ever tasted. Now I know why they call it “the drink of Gods”.

We must say a huge “thank you” to Jonathan who allowed us all to take some honey home, we’re heading straight back to the office to make some scrummy honey lemonade. It’s so easy to make, why don’t you have a go yourself? We are going to use this recipe we found on ‘The Food Channel’.

Ingredients

• 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey

• 1 1/2 cups steaming hot water

• 1 cup fresh lemon juice

• Ice cubes for serving

Preparation

1. In a heatproof 1-quart pitcher or bowl, combine the honey and hot water and stir until the honey is dissolved. Stir in the lemon juice. Let cool for at least 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Pour into ice-filled glasses.

I hope we have some more honey to share with you very soon, but you must all bee good!

No comments:

Post a Comment